DeSanto dec Garrett 14-13

fishbane

18 hours ago, LJB said:

greco doesn't need legs to get a TD against actual greco guys much less MMA guys...

Not sure what you are trying to say here.   Using legs is against the rules in Greco.   You are penalized for doing so.   That might be why they don't "need legs" to get a takedown, using legs is against the rules!  

mspart

1 minute ago, mspart said:

Not sure what you are trying to say here.   Using legs is against the rules in Greco.   You are penalized for doing so.   That might be why they don't "need legs" to get a takedown, using legs is against the rules!  

mspart

so...

the boy and i were watching the fights saturday...

we lost count how many body locks were achieved against the cage, but, no TDs...

none of the fighters had the body awareness or strength in those positions to finish an easy TD or to do any damage in those positions...

we lost count on how many rear standing positions could have had the fight ended if any of the fighters had the body awareness or strength in those positions and could have dropped one of them on their f'n head... like literally smash their opponent with the octagon and begin the end of the fight...

that is what i am getting at...

strength in positions that very few have...

strength in positions that lend themselves to MMA...

but...

MMA never gets true elite athletes in their primes, so, it is hard to point to a specific example...

2 hours ago, LJB said:

i just remembered...

how excited are you guys for vlasov wrestling in april?

@scourge165 who is it he is wrestling again?

i am struggling to remember right off the top of my head...

can you help a brother out?

I PROMISE you're not making the point you think you are...because even if I DIDN'T know, how hard to you think it'd be to figure it out?

Roman Vlasov vs Akzhol Makhmudov!!!

Wow...that...that apparently means something...I guess? Do I get bonus points for mentioning how absolutely ridiculous it is that probably the most well known American Greco Wrestler of all time is coming back...again in his 50s?

Gable tried to come back in his prime and Kemp shut him down, but not in the MANLY style!

Seriously, what point are you making? That I don't follow Greco that closely? I mean...I don't. I love Wrestling and that shit is boring.  When I see guys like Provisor and Thielke and Holm making world teams...it's just not that impressive OR exciting to me. Now we can hammer this to death with a Greco fanboi because his kid Wrestle's Greco or you could just shut the ***duck duck goose** up about it already? I'm really just fine with either....brother. 

1 minute ago, scourge165 said:

I PROMISE you're not making the point you think you are...because even if I DIDN'T know, how hard to you think it'd be to figure it out?

Roman Vlasov vs Akzhol Makhmudov!!!

Wow...that...that apparently means something...I guess? Do I get bonus points for mentioning how absolutely ridiculous it is that probably the most well known American Greco Wrestler of all time is coming back...again in his 50s?

Gable tried to come back in his prime and Kemp shut him down, but not in the MANLY style!

Seriously, what point are you making? That I don't follow Greco that closely? I mean...I don't. I love Wrestling and that shit is boring.  When I see guys like Provisor and Thielke and Holm making world teams...it's just not that impressive OR exciting to me. Now we can hammer this to death with a Greco fanboi because his kid Wrestle's Greco or you could just shut the ***duck duck goose** up about it already? I'm really just fine with either....brother. 

it means that you do not know greco at all...

i just wanted to get down to the brass tacks before you go back to just being fodder...

thanks for playing your role, brother...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

it means that you do not know greco at all...

i just wanted to get down to the brass tacks before you go back to just being fodder...

thanks for playing your role, brother...

Yeah...I guess because I don't follow the current landscape that means I don't "know Greco." Again, wrestling it for ~8 years, 4 times at Fargo, WTTs, being an All American in Greco, wrestling in every State Greco Tourney from 5th grade through HS, every Northern Plains(winning most in both)...I must not "know Greco."

-ESPECIALLY not as much as someone...who again never stepped on the mat in ANY style!

OR...it could just be real simple. I-DON'T-AGREE-WITH-YOU...and you somehow can't accept that? 

Now you can go back to being a clown(well...not so much back as you never stopped, but I wanted the continuity). 

Edited by scourge165
  • Fire 1

Yeah...I guess because I don't follow the current landscape that means I don't "know Greco." Again, wrestling it for ~8 years, 4 times at Fargo, WTTs, being an All American in Greco, wrestling in every State Greco Tourney from 5th grade through HS, every Northern Plains(winning most in both)...I must not "know Greco."

OR...it could just be real simple. I-DON'T-AGREE-WITH-YOU...and you somehow can't accept that? 

Now you can go back to being a clown(well...not so much back as you never stopped, but I wanted the continuity). 

stick around...

you can actually learn what real greco is...

i am not guaranteeing you will ever "really" get it, but, you will definitely be exposed to it...

who do you want to learn about first?

what weights do you "identify" with"

let's start there and i can ease you into the light...

i am not kidding...

just let me know and we will work through this together...

i got you, boo...

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

stick around...

you can actually learn what real greco is...

i am not guaranteeing you will ever "really" get it, but, you will definitely be exposed to it...

who do you want to learn about first?

what weights do you "identify" with"

let's start there and i can ease you into the light...

i am not kidding...

just let me know and we will work through this together...

i got you, boo...

LOL...sorry, I can't help but laugh at a guy who's "teaching" me a sport he's never actually done that I have.

Just now, scourge165 said:

Whichever one you wrestled.

why are you fighting it this hard?

i am actually trying to help you...

what weight?

i am totally ok with dealer's choice if you want to just do that...

i got you, boo...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

why are you fighting it this hard?

i am actually trying to help you...

what weight?

i am totally ok with dealer's choice if you want to just do that...

i got you, boo...

I gave you one. Whichever is closest to the weight YOU wrestled. Then you can teach me about the sport that...I actually participated in.

I gave you one. Whichever is closest to the weight YOU wrestled. Then you can teach me about the sport that...I actually participated in.

you really do not have to get snarky...

we all know i have never wrestled...

i don't hide it...

but...

we can do the weight i am closest to now if you would like...

or...

we can do the weights my boys have represented you at worlds the last couple of years if you would prefer...

seriously...

i got you, boo...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

you really do not have to get snarky...

we all know i have never wrestled...

i don't hide it...

but...

we can do the weight i am closest to now if you would like...

or...

we can do the weights my boys have represented you at worlds the last couple of years if you would prefer...

seriously...

i got you, boo...

LOL...bud, what are you going to teach me?

That you're a fanboi? Your favorite wrestlers? You wanna play after school as well?

Jesus...you seem like the guy who just corners you at a party and talks about 4 inches from your face and you just CANNOT get away from.

LOL...bud, what are you going to teach me?

That you're a fanboi? Your favorite wrestlers? You wanna play after school as well?

Jesus...you seem like the guy who just corners you at a party and talks about 4 inches from your face and you just CANNOT get away from.

dude...

you came to me to try and act like the cool guy...

i did not seek you out...

so...

what weight?

Sure...I guess that's an argument. Things are a BIT different now than they were 100 years ago when he started out. Guys hadn't spend 10+ years by the time he started coaching them.

do you want to do the weight closest to gallagher?

surely we can find out about what he walked around at...

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

dude...

you came to me to try and act like the cool guy...

i did not seek you out...

so...

what weight?

dude....

i came to you?

i do not "bash" the women's style as much as i just do not respect it as much as real wrestling...

As you don't respect...I guess "fake" Wrestling, I don't respect you...so why would I want you to teach me something I'm ABSOLUTELY positive I know more about?

2 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

dude....

i came to you?

As you don't respect...I guess "fake" Wrestling, I don't respect you...so why would I want you to teach me something I'm ABSOLUTELY positive I know more about?

yeah...

page 3 was your introduction into this thread...

you quoted me trying act like the cool guy...

i can link that to you if you need me to...

what weight?

Just now, LJB said:

@scourge165 real quick...

do you have flo or will i be limited to youtube?

Holy ***duck duck goose** dude...3 straight posts.

Yeah, you're DEFINITELY not the guy who can't take a hint!

Can you show me that SUUUUPER exciting match where the Greatest Greco Wrestler of all time gives up his first points in a decade(though...they of course weren't) because he...adjusts his hands! 

"REAL Wrestling."

• Fire 1