DeSanto dec Garrett 14-13

fishbane

1 minute ago, scourge165 said:

Holy ***duck duck goose** dude...3 straight posts.

Yeah, you're DEFINITELY not the guy who can't take a hint!

Can you show me that SUUUUPER exciting match where the Greatest Greco Wrestler of all time gives up his first points in a decade(though...they of course weren't) because he...adjusts his hands! 

"REAL Wrestling."

i got you, boo...

it won't be karelin, but, it could be transformational for you if you can wrestle that little ego back into your pocket for a few minutes...

please tell me you have a flo account...

if not i can give you a loaner for an afternoon if you need it...

i got you, boo...

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

i got you, boo...

it won't be karelin, but, it could be transformational for you if you can wrestle that little ego back into your pocket for a few minutes...

please tell me you have a flo account...

if not i can give you a loaner for an afternoon if you need it...

i got you, boo...

Is there some way to put an annoying old guy on ignore here?

Do I really have to keep listening to babble on and on about something he's only ever watched?

Dude, you're a Soccer Mom, but it's Greco.

I hope you're not like this with women and you pick up on that hint a BIT faster...

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, scourge165 said:

Is there some way to put an annoying old guy on ignore here?

Do I really have to keep listening to babble on and on about something he's only ever watched?

Dude, you're a Soccer Mom, but it's Greco.

I hope you're not like this with women and you pick up on that hint a BIT faster...

you came to me trying to act like the cool guy...

i am just trying to help you out...

i am always thinking of the other person...

i'm pretty sure it is just how i was raised...

i got you, boo...

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

you came to me trying to act like the cool guy...

i am just trying to help you out...

i am always thinking of the other person...

i'm pretty sure it is just how i was raised...

i got you, boo...

Then think about me not caring.

Also think about finding the shift button on your keyboard.

• Fire 1

23 hours ago, LJB said:

so...

the boy and i were watching the fights saturday...

we lost count how many body locks were achieved against the cage, but, no TDs...

none of the fighters had the body awareness or strength in those positions to finish an easy TD or to do any damage in those positions...

we lost count on how many rear standing positions could have had the fight ended if any of the fighters had the body awareness or strength in those positions and could have dropped one of them on their f'n head... like literally smash their opponent with the octagon and begin the end of the fight...

that is what i am getting at...

strength in positions that very few have...

strength in positions that lend themselves to MMA...

but...

MMA never gets true elite athletes in their primes, so, it is hard to point to a specific example...

And this has what to do with my point?  You made a stupid statement, I called you on it, and this is the response?   Weak.

mspart

3 minutes ago, mspart said:

And this has what to do with my point?  You made a stupid statement, I called you on it, and this is the response?   Weak.

mspart

ugh...

keep thinking you have to get to legs for every takedown in MMA...

i am ok with you thinking that...

14 hours ago, LJB said:

ugh...

keep thinking you have to get to legs for every takedown in MMA...

i am ok with you thinking that...

Yeah...what old boy who never wrestled here doesn't get...it's a whole helluva lot harder to toss someone...IF THEY CAN TOUCH YOUR ***duck duck goose** LEGS!

LOL...you ever go watch Wrestling with someone and they have no real idea? It's kinda like a FB fan. Even if you played in HS, you don't understand the actual speed of the game. So you sit there and talk about how easy if they just...ya know, TRIED the "manly" style! 

It's funny. The best in the sport NOW are all Freestyle guys or "leg grabbers." 

Why wounldn't MMA be dominated by Greco dudes if it were just SO easy? Why doesn't dad throw them in there? I mean, it's SOOO easy and while these inferior...not really worthy styles of Wrestling are dominating, you'd think Cejudo, Johnny Hendo, Wood, Chael(and SOOO many more) would have been Greco guys?

4 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Yeah...what old boy who never wrestled here doesn't get...it's a whole helluva lot harder to toss someone...IF THEY CAN TOUCH YOUR ***duck duck goose** LEGS!

LOL...you ever go watch Wrestling with someone and they have no real idea? It's kinda like a FB fan. Even if you played in HS, you don't understand the actual speed of the game. So you sit there and talk about how easy if they just...ya know, TRIED the "manly" style! 

It's funny. The best in the sport NOW are all Freestyle guys or "leg grabbers." 

Why wounldn't MMA be dominated by Greco dudes if it were just SO easy? Why doesn't dad throw them in there? I mean, it's SOOO easy and while these inferior...not really worthy styles of Wrestling are dominating, you'd think Cejudo, Johnny Hendo, Wood, Chael(and SOOO many more) would have been Greco guys?

https://youtu.be/xISgd_udSRA

2 hours ago, El Luchador said:

The "UNDEFEATED" Chael Sonnen thinks so?

I do like how he qualifies it with the "Greco Roman was viewed as the 2nd tier athlete. We'd push back, but yeah, in my heart, that's exactly what it was."

Then he goes on to explain...he went into Greco because he knew he couldn't hack it in Freestyle.

I do love how his BEST example is a...Brock Lesnar fight! 

He's got a nice little theory...there's just one GIANT problem with it. How many guys who wrestled at that level just...never Wrestled Greco? Never Wrestled ANY Greco? Maybe that's a lot now. As I've said, you used to Wrestle Greco to improve the superior style of Wrestling. "Greco is best to teach you how to NOT get thrown." -Former HOF Coach. Same guy who hooked me up with a few of the best Greco Wrestlers who...couldn't hack it in College.

How many of the guys who've dominated in the last 10 years from the Wrestling world have been Greco guys vs Freestyle guys? Johnny Hendricks, Cejudo..Khabib certainly comes from a Wrestling background. Certainly not a Greco one.

So it's a nice theory from the guy who(I guess along with Khabib) left the sport having NEVER lost a single round or fight(despite...15, 17 losses, whatever it was)...but it kinda fails under further examination. 

But, as he says, it's a theory. One that I think fails any much scrutiny. 

11 minutes ago, mspart said:

I guess you are ok then.  😁

mspart

as an aside...

i have seen world team members get off balanced to their face...

not one leg was grabbed...

if you don't think that could happen to the caliber athlete in MMA...

well...

Give Me A Break Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

18 hours ago, El Luchador said:

If being undefeated in mma is the Std then Sambo is the only answer. 

Please reference where I said being undefeated was the standard big guy?

You seem a bit slow. 

The POINT I was making is that Sonnen...he's funny, he talks a good game about having never lost a match and it's a nice little joke, but in reality...he was a guy known for what? Having some good losses. 

49-31. 29-15-1 in UFC.
Kinda just a guy without his mouth(which...good for him dude was clever as shit).

It IS more impressive than his Wrestling career. 2 Silver's in the PAC-12's. Silver Medal in the University World Championships the year he took an Olympic RS and was the 3rd rated Greco in the US. Follows that up with an 0-2 barbecue to two...mediocre Wrestlers(to be generous) in the next NCAAs. Remind me again how well Greco guys do at the NCAAs?

So no, the point was never that you had to be undefeated. It was the preponderance of evidence that Chael...while right that Greco guys ARE the inferior athlete, they're not DOING better in MMA...though to be fair, he said he had a "theory" that they did better...so I guess he never actually states it.

A couple guys in the early years had success...the sport has been dominated by those Wrestling "Women's Style," or the "not real Wrestling," since then.

10 hours ago, mspart said:

What are the percentages of TDs in MMA legs and no legs?

mspart

The fact of the matter is freestyle wrestlers in the Olympics shoot and defend shots at the Olympic level while Olympic Greco-Roman wrestlers can’t say the same thing. So when Daniel Cormier fought Dan Henderson, we got what we got. 

https://harrysuke.wordpress.com/2015/11/16/greco-roman-vs-freestyle-wrestling/

Oh, and to answer your question, as they say in here, well over half the TDs are Single and Doubles. 

The vast majority of the rest come from throws that...ALMOST always involve stepping in and trippng...as one done in "not real Wrestling."

Which...I guess means that Women's Wrestling is not "real." That's...kinda sexist!

Edited by scourge165