Mesenbrink transfer

creek chub

On 4/22/2023 at 5:03 PM, scourge165 said:

Right now, sure...but would you be shocked if in 11 months it's a competitive match?

John Messenbrink is as responsible for AWA's success(and Askren's) IMO than anyone. Mitchell is going to be as prepared for whatever O'Toole has as anyone in the Country. If he can actually stop it or upset him...that remains to be seen. 

Nothing in this world shocks me anymore, I am only 90% bought into all the Hype, in 11 months I could see being bought in 100% so time will tell. I know MM has had some BIG freestyle wins but folk style and riding time is different. I have seen him give up some easy takedowns in freestyle (Thus why i am only at 90%) but I am sure PSU will shore that up real fast, so cant wait to see how this all plays out, and the best thing about all this IMO is were talking about 2 Wisconsin athletes. Things are looking bright for Wisconsin wrestling

• Fire 1

21 hours ago, Ivan Stankowski said:

Nothing in this world shocks me anymore, I am only 90% bought into all the Hype, in 11 months I could see being bought in 100% so time will tell. I know MM has had some BIG freestyle wins but folk style and riding time is different. I have seen him give up some easy takedowns in freestyle (Thus why i am only at 90%) but I am sure PSU will shore that up real fast, so cant wait to see how this all plays out, and the best thing about all this IMO is were talking about 2 Wisconsin athletes. Things are looking bright for Wisconsin wrestling

He does give up TDs. It's a bit similar to Lee in that respect. But he's also got a LOT of different attacks on his feet and he is going to come after you like an angry Honey Badger for 7 minutes. He's not going to stand in the center with 6 seconds left just looking at you.

He's going to wear guys who have very full gas tanks out. That's why I said he reminded me of an Iowa guy, a Mcllravy type. Mcllravy was slick, but his technique wasn't nearly as good as Abas...but he still came back to beat him 16-15.

He will get out on the bottom. Hard to predict how his riding will translate, but I think it'll work out. But the kid is not going to give ANYONE anything easy. 

It will be entertaining. He really does seem like an old school Gable type guy. But again, his Dad is also brilliant at breaking down an opponent and coming gup with a game plan for that individual. That old bastard(said with genuine respect) is still a kicking everyone's ass in the room as well. He can still probably beat Mitchell. So he's in there working on O'Toole and Carr right now most likely. Or...maybe just some kinda basic concepts. 

• Fire 1